According to the "JOSHUA HILL FOSTER PAPERS" and Robert R. Hill, the father of my ancestor William Hill was possibly named William. He was born in Maryland and married in Virginia (Hampshire). He died in middle life and had two sons and several daughters. His son William born in Middlesex County, Virginia in the spring of 1700 and had but one brother, whose name was John.
Church records give these sisters:
MARY HILL, born May 10, 1713; married RICHARD CARTER, June 4, 1733.
DIANAH HILL, born August 25, 1715; married DAVID BARWICK, May 30, 1734, Middlesex Co., VA.
PRISCILLA HILL, born September 17, 1718.
JOHN HILL, baptized 1 October 1710 (Page 76, Parish Records). According to the Joshua Hill Foster papers, he lived in AMELIA COUNTY, VIRGINIA and died there, leaving many sons, among them ISAAC, JOHN, a mechanic, WILLIAM, a calico printer."
John Hill Sr., died in Amelia County, Va. 1779 (Joshua Hill Records). [N.B.: Amelia County, Va. WB 3, pages 28-30 (will dated 11 February 1777-Will proved** 15 September 1779.
"I John Hill Sr., of Amelia... beloved wife Elizabeth... son Joel... children of my son William (deceased)... my four children...John, Moses & Isaac Hill & Priscilla Bell... grandson John Humphress? (Humphreys) Hill.... son Joel Hill has moved a great distance from me...son in law John Bell].
(Amelia County, Va. WB 3, pages 28-30 (will dated 11 February 1777-Will proved** 15 September 1779)
1. Joel Hill, named in will, moved far away;
2. William Hill, named in will, died before 1777, left children. According to the Joshua Hill Foster papers, he was a calico printer.
3. John Hill, named in will, according to the Joshua Hill Foster papers, he was a "mechanic".
4. Moses Hill, named in will.
5. Isaac Hill, named in will.
6. Priscilla Hill, named in will, married John Bell.
Grandson, named in will, John Humphreys Hill